Tuesday 16 July 2013

Meet the Cooperative Members


For purchase inquiries, kindly record the number and quantity of the desired product(s) and email Delphin Muhizi, Business Development Coordinator of Mayange MVP, at <delphin.muhizi@millenniumpromise.org>. We also gladly accept special product requests for product type, style, patterns, and colors.









         Conversation with COOVAMAYA - Imirasire cooperative member, Beatrice:

Q: What is your monthly income? 

A: On average, I earn about 35,750 Rwf ($55 USD) per month as a working member of the cooperative. When I have many orders in, I can earn as high as 97,500 Rwf ($150 USD) for my work.

Q: What has changed for you since joining the cooperative?

A: By far, I have experienced an increased access to markets. After joining the cooperative, I also experienced many changes at home. From my earnings and savings, I had the finances to buy a new plot of land, construct a new home, and buy more livestock (i.e. chickens, goats, cow).

I enjoy being with others in the cooperative community. It is a good feeling that my neighbors and community members can now borrow from me whenever necessary.